Re: jessie x86_64: Rosegarden unusable (possible bug in qt-at-spi?)

On 04/28/2015 11:33 PM, Alexis wrote:

Hi all,

i've just upgraded from wheezy to jessie, and the process was
impressively trouble-free - thanks to all involved in preparing the
jessie release!

Now that i'm running jessie, i've encountered a few problems (one of
which was easily solved, and which i'll mention in a separate message).

One of the most significant is that Rosegarden is unusable due to the
entire application crashing whenever one tries to use its menu bar. More
specifically, the crash results in error messages in a terminal such as:

    QSpiAccessible::accessibleEvent not handled

Searching the Web for similar messages, this seems to be an issue going
back a few years, related to qt-at-spi. The usual 'solution' provided
seems to be to uninstall that package; and whilst removing qt-at-spi
certainly stops Rosegarden crashing, qt-at-spi is a dependency of the
gnome metapackage (via gnome-core -> gnome-orca -> python3-pyatspi).

My question is: Should i report a bug against the rosegarden package, or
against qt-at-spi?

I have to wonder if you installed another DE like XFCE would you still have the problem? I love musical stuff, but the heavy depend on jack put me off.

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html