jessie x86_64: mouse pointer not visible in X (with solution)

Hi all,

Further to my previous message, i found that when logging in to my i3-based X environment, which makes use of gnome-settings-daemon, the mouse pointer was present, but not visible. That is: the pointer could be moved and used to select things, but was not actually displayed.

It turns out this is easily fixed via the use of gsettings:

$ gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.cursor active false

Alexis.