Re: Re: Jessie in VirtualBox: Terminal dies

> Wrong package, you need
> $ apt install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
>
> Btw, dkms recommends that package.
> You really should install Recommends, most of the time, they have been
> added for a good reason.

Hm, I usually do install Recommends...
In this case, linux-headers-3.16.0-4-686-pae was already installed, whereas linux-headers-3.16.0-4-586 (due to uname -r, as you mentioned) was missing.

Ok, this worked now, thanks a lot!

Unfortunately, the main problem (terminal dies) still exists :(

I could live with that for now, but sadly, as being new to Jessie and especially systemd, there also seems to be something changed that causes my sshd closing remote connections after half a minute or so. I just see a "connection closed" in auth.log, so it does not seem to be a network or firewall problem for me.

I tried with options like TCPKeepAlive, ClientAlive*..., but did not succeed.

That's annoying... :/ perhaps I would better use Wheezy for some time again? ;)

Dietmar