Re: jessie: how to suppress emacs24 warnings

On 2015-04-27 20:23:48 -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> "Here" those annoying messages are sent to ~/.xsession-errors which has
> been open about 9 days and is approaching 58 MiB in size.  To be fair,
> most of the garbage is not coming from glib/gtk but rather from Firefox
> (I am not using Iceweasel) complaining about javascript this or that.

AFAIK, these messages are simply sent to the standard error stream.
So, it depends on how applications are started. If started in a
text terminal, then these messages appear in the terminal since this
is where stderr goes by default. If started from the window manager
or desktop environment, then they probably do nothing special about
stderr, i.e. error messages typically go to the same place, which
may be the ~/.xsession-errors file.