Re: jessie: how to suppress emacs24 warnings

Tim Kelley writes:

> If you just use the console emacs, you can install the emacs-nox version of
> 24.

In this case, i used x11 emacs, but started it from console.

> In anycase, they’re just warnings, and can be ignored.

Yes, I know, but the warnings consume the whole page of the terminal
window and I cannot anymore see, what was there without scrolling back,
which is annoying.

> It’s just
> stating something some other packager did was deprecated but still
> functional .. you can start emacs with emacs >/dev/null 2>&1 if you like,
> or not start it from the terminal and start from an icon or menu.

Typing emacs >/dev/null 2>&1 is too cumbersome and starting from menu
looses the directory where I am.  For example, if the current dir has a
file that I want to edit, I just used to type

emacs file

but now I get all the garbage to the window which is not good.

Is there anything that can be done to get rid of those warnings?  Which
package the bug lies?  Is there any hope that the bugs are fixed before
the next Debian release?

-- Juha