Re: boot-time messages, /init touch not found

Michael Biebl wrote:
> schrieb songbird:
>> Mike Kupfer wrote:

>>> Indeed, it's missing bin/touch.  Thanks for the detailed directions.
>>=20
>>   yes, thanks!  i hadn't the time to get back to this,
>> but i'm glad you could figure it out.  (i see your
>> bug report in systemd on fsck so will track that)
>
> fwiw, this is not really a systemd issue but an initramfs-tools issue [1]=

  thanks for your reply Michael,

  or could it be a busybox issue?

>>   how did you expand the initramfs?  i tried the
>> command given and didn't get it to work and so set
>> it aside until i could read further docs today.
>
> lsinitramfs can be used to list the contents of the initramfs.

  yes, i found that via the man pages but not how to
actually get the contents unpacked from an existing
image.  i was interested in looking at the init script
itself.

>>   i meant to reply last night saying that the 401: was=20
>> likely a line number from init, but got sidetracked...
>
> songbird, do you have the busybox uninstalled or BUSYBOX=3Dn in
> /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf?

  busybox was not installed, the conf file had the
flag set to y.

  i reinstalled busybox, but that made no difference
but after i redid the initramfs's that did fix the
problem.  i now boot without the error message.  :)

> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=3D783291
> --=20

  songbird