Recommendation on video card?

I have an AMD HD5450 card in my desktop, which has been mostly
adequate for me, but now it is time to retire it.

Can anyone recommend a more recent card that works well with X? I'm
using two screens, so I will need at least two outputs - preferably
digital. I have been quite happy with AMD, so I'd like to stick with
that, and I prefer not using the fglrx driver if possible. One
thing that would be nice is hardware decoding of video, with something
later than UVD2.

At some point I will probably also need to get a third screen, so
something that has three outputs or would run nicely with a second
video card that has additional outputs is a big bonus.

I use no 3D software, no games, and nothing I can think of that needs a
powerful GPU. It might be nice with 4K support, though.

Everything online talks about what cards to get for gaming, but that is
irrelevant to me. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good card for
a desktop?

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"