Re: qemu-kvm and glusterfs support

Hello there,

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 07:50:59AM +0300, Risto Paavola wrote:
> In Debian Jessie, why qemu-kvm has been compiled without glusterfs network
> disk type support?

"""Until glusterfs packaging
is sane I think it's not a good idea to introduce glusterfs support.

Also this is not really easy thing, because it brings us several non-
trivial dependencies to the binary packages and users already complained
about too much dependencies qemu has."""
<https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=775431> (actually,
this bugreport came too late to affect Jessie; but this is where the
maintainer states his position)

However, if you need a Debian-based system with recent qemu-kvm and
support for various network disk types, I'd recommend Proxmox. I haven't
used it with glusterfs for quite some time (preferring ceph instead),
but it appears well-integrated.

HTH,
Flo