Re: /etc/network/interfaces in jessie and systemd?

Am 21.04.2015 um 17:15 schrieb Christian Seiler:
> Am 2015-04-21 16:20, schrieb Mihamina Rakotomandimby:
>> Thank you Christian,
>>
>> Just to be sure, I saw that:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1374521
>> https://github.com/linuxmint/systemd/blob/master/debian/ifup@.service
>
> I think that's Ubuntu-specific; even though ifup@.service is
> installed on Debian systems, at least on my Jessie box it's
> never been activated (on a system that actually uses
> /etc/network/interfaces) - at least systemctl says so.
>
>> If my reading and deduction is correct, systemd will call ifup that
>> will read /etc/network/interface.
>
> systemd just starts /etc/init.d/networking on my systems (the
> same script that is also used under Wheezy, Squeeze, Lenny,
> etc.) and that in turn calls ifup in the same way it has
> previously been called under Wheezy etc.
>
> I don't see it starting ifup@.service anywhere.
>
> Michael, what's up with that service?

/etc/init.d/networking (or networking.service) is responsible for
handling "auto" interfaces in Debian, ifup@.service, triggered via udev,
is responsible for handling allow-hotplug interfaces.

If you don't have any ifup@.service instances running, and you do use
ifupdown, I guess your interfaces are all marked auto in
/etc/network/interfaces.

universe are pointed away from Earth?