Re: /etc/network/interfaces in jessie and systemd?

Am 2015-04-21 16:20, schrieb Mihamina Rakotomandimby:
Thank you Christian,

Just to be sure, I saw that:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1374521
https://github.com/linuxmint/systemd/blob/master/debian/ifup@.service

I think that's Ubuntu-specific; even though ifup@.service is
installed on Debian systems, at least on my Jessie box it's
never been activated (on a system that actually uses
/etc/network/interfaces) - at least systemctl says so.

If my reading and deduction is correct, systemd will call ifup that
will read /etc/network/interface.

systemd just starts /etc/init.d/networking on my systems (the
same script that is also used under Wheezy, Squeeze, Lenny,
etc.) and that in turn calls ifup in the same way it has
previously been called under Wheezy etc.

I don't see it starting ifup@.service anywhere.

Michael, what's up with that service?

Christian