Re: wheezy drive recognition?

On Friday 17 April 2015 09:27:58 Lisi Reisz wrote:
[...]
> I looked up this:
> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=alaskan+divorce
> <quote>
> alaskan divorce isn't defined.
> Can you define it?
> </quote>
>
> So I tried 30.06 in Google.
> https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=30-06&oq=30-06&aqs=chrome..69i57.118
>7j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8
>
> He probably means this:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.30-06_Springfield
> When you thnk "Gene" think "guns".
>
> So it rather looks as though an Alaskan Divorce is when  a husband
> shoots his wife because he is fed up with her.  Well, he says one of
> them here, but it is the right of husbands to shoot their wives that
> he used to support in his signature.

That was never my intention Lisi.  The sexes could have been interchanged
and it would still have been an equally bad court decision.

The point I think that defines our differences is that when we setup this
government 200+ years ago, history had taught us that power corrupts,
and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  Hence what we call the Bill of
Rights was added to our constitution before the individual states would
seriously consider ratifying it.  That Bill of Rights, including the
famous 2nd amendment, gave us the tools to change that government by
force if it should get too oppressive. The equally famous 1st (free
speech) gave us the right to talk about how that might be accomplished.

You, Lisi, on the other hand have what is supposed to be a weapon free
society, but in reality you can be mugged and murdered with a baseball
bat on your way to the corner store for a loaf of bread and a pint of
Guinness.  Legally, you have no way of fighting back to preserve your
life.  If in fighting back, you injure the perp, it is you who have to
pay the legal consequences because he'll sue you.

We read the news here too, when the mainsleeze news sites feel like its
worth reporting.  Even the BBC seems to be colored more by reporting on
the media "stars" than on the you and me stuff in  ore recent history.

IMO there is something seriously wrong with that whole scene...

Such jerks as do that abound in every society.  Neither of us have a
patent on that.  And the results are the same, you are dead and the perp
has the 10 lb note that was in your pocket.

In WW-II, we gathered up several thousand of our sporting arms and sent
them to England along with a good supply of ammo so you all had a chance
of fighting for your homeland should Hitler have ordered his troops
across the channel.  All were recorded as to who they belonged to so
that there might be a chance that Iowa farmer may have gotten his
fathers prized Parker shotgun, now worth 5 to 10 thousand dollars, back
when the "festivities" were over.  But whats Churchill do?  He rounds
them all up, loads them on a barge and dumps them in the channel.  Some
very finely made, by the best artisans, including some of your Holland
and Holland made double rifles, probably worth 10 million or more as a
group.

There are a few still alive who remember that double cross clearly.  My
own grandfather was one who lost a fine Fox double barrel 12 gauge that
way.  He just shrugged his shoulders as a good Christian man, but you
had to know he was disappointed, and that should that scenario be
repeated, he would not be so charitable again.

Lisi, your are indeed a dear lady, dinner & drinks are on me should we
ever meet, but both of us are mentally painted, or tainted, depending on
ones point of reference, in the manner of the society we have lived in
all our lives.

Here, the game belongs to the state, but only convicted felons are
precluded from hunting, and that is because they have lost the right to
own such a weapon.  Here in WV for instance, and me being a genuine
oldtimer past 65,  my drivers license IS my hunting and fishing license,
the only costs are for the trout stamps as that is a federal program.

> Some of us write to try and be understood.

And I will plead guilty to being a frustrated teacher. ;-)

> Lisi

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)