Re: wheezy drive recognition?

On Friday 17 April 2015 09:32:47 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Friday 17 April 2015 12:46:04 Petter Adsen wrote:
> > I think it's Chinese or Taiwanese, so it's probably the Communist
> > Party that has the backdoor :)
>
> The poor Tawanese!  |ny dead ones must be turning in their graves.
> They are more anti-communist than the USA!!  They fought a nasty civil
> war against the communists and didn't really concede defeat - they are
> the last territory to fall, and haven't yet fallen.
>
> Lisi

And thats a statement I whole heartedly agree with.

Unfortunately, the mainland has rather effectively ensnared the Taiwanese
with an economical chokehold.  If I should buy yet another machine to
run with LinuxCNC, I would happily pay a 10% premium for ball screws to
drive it with from a Taiwanese supplier, just on the rinciples of the
thing.  But the mainland people now own that market, starving the
Taiwanese out of the running.  And with our present administrations
attitude, there is not one damned thing I can do about it with my $700
when I can buy the whole kit minus motors from ebay, made on the
mainland, and in fact made very well.  In the long view, the mainland
will win that war they've been posturing about for 60 years now, without
firing more than a ceremonial shot.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)