Re: wheezy drive recognition?

On Friday 17 April 2015 13:10:36 Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 12:46:05PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Aw gee, that expression is at least 30 years older than the internet!
> >
> > I first heard about it in a letter my mother got from a friend of hers
> > that had moved to the Anchorage area about 5 years before the quake in
> > 1952.  She wrote that in all the carnage the earthquake left that they
> > had only had 2 Alaskan Divorces in the 3 months or so since the quake.
> > So mother wrote back for clarification.
> >
> > Story goes like this:
> > Couple has been married long enough the honeymoon has slowed some, and
> > have built a cabin overlooking their mining claim, which between it and
> > subsistence hunting is feeding them well.  But it is, figuratively
> > speaking, about 75 miles from the neighbors.  Used to the long winters
> > but miss-calculated how many decks of cards, coffee, condoms and tobacco
> > they would need.
> >
> > Snowbound since about the first of October, they are out of condoms by
> > the end of January, out of coffee by the end of February, tobacco by the
> > middle of March & wore out the last deck of cards too somewhere along
> > the way.  Somewhere around the first of April, before any thaw of
> > consequence gives them hope for spring, one of them picks up the 30-06
> > and gets a divorce.
> >
> > Told poorly, but that is the classic definition of an Alaskan Divorce.
>
> Still none the wiser. What is a 30-06? What is an Alaskan Divorce?

I looked up this:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=alaskan+divorce
<quote>
alaskan divorce isn't defined.
Can you define it?
</quote>

So I tried 30.06 in Google.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=30-06&oq=30-06&aqs=chrome..69i57.1187j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

He probably means this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.30-06_Springfield
When you thnk "Gene" think "guns".

So it rather looks as though an Alaskan Divorce is when  a husband shoots his
wife because he is fed up with her.  Well, he says one of them here, but it
is the right of husbands to shoot their wives that he used to support in his
signature.

Some of us write to try and be understood.

Lisi