Re: wheezy drive recognition?

Quoting Gene Heskett (gheskett@wdtv.com):
> On Friday 17 April 2015 12:26:47 David Wright wrote:
> > It's probably my fault that this subthread has blossomed because I put
> > quotation marks round "alaskan divorce". But I *thought* I'd catch
> > flak for reacting to Gene's pushing on the old partitioner buttons
> > again. *My* definition was merely to point out (obliquely, I admit)
> > that Gene wanted the Debian installer to ditch parted, and use
> > (g)parted instead.
>
> Thats correct. Gparted is so much easier to use, and can be made to do it
> your way, that in comparison, no comparison between the actual
> usabilities of the two is possible.

Well there's good news for when you next do battle with the installer
(two weeks must be up around now). Rather than videoing what you do,
you can now easily capture the installation screens, and the log
output from the installer, and even the partitioner (though that's
extremely verbose).

In expert install, if you select network-console in the Installer
Components screen, you can ssh from another box immediately after
configuring the network. You can of course ssh multiple times, and so
have one session doing the actual installing, and another running
tail -f /var/log/syslog

Cheers,
David.