Re: change sources.list to follow testing, not jessie

On Friday 17 April 2015 15:51:23 The Wanderer wrote:
> On 04/17/2015 at 10:18 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > On Friday 17 April 2015 15:08:13 The Wanderer wrote:
> > A valid point.  But changing code name reduces the risk of
> > absentmindedly upgrading and then thinking oops.  Particularly in the
> > case of the OP, who expected changing Jessie to testing now, to have
> > some impact and be a valid test of the result of tracking testing.
>
> I'm not sure he was. I understood his reluctance to test "for fear of
> causing immediate problems" as being based on the idea that "if I
> converted it wrong, or to the wrong thing, then trying to use the result
> might cause problems" - not on the idea that testing currently contains
> something different from jessie.

He was discussing changing all his sources to testing in order to track
testing not Jessie.

He said:

"Running `aptitude update' with the changes" (from Jessie to testing) "in
place does not produce any output that looks problematice (to me).  But maybe
that is not a thorough test?"

Having the changes in place would make no difference at all at the moment.  So
it is not a test at all.

Lisi