Book questions

This might be a little off-topic, as it is not Debian-specific, but I
hope those here with experience will bear with me.

I was rummaging through a bunch of books I was given when I did some
work for a book distributor, and found a few things that might be
interesting.

For a long time I've been meaning to learn more about regular
expressions, and I found the following books: "Mastering Regular
Expressions" and "Sed & awk", both from O'Reilly. Does anyone have any
experience with these, and an opinion as to which I should start with?

I also found the K&R book, "The UNIX Programming Environment" by
Kernighan and Pike, and "UNIX Systems Programming for SVR4" from
O'Reilly. Since I want to learn C I know I need to read the first of
these, but I was wondering how the other two are, if anyone here has
read them.

Also, are there other books I might want to supplement these with? I
found two Linux-specific books as well, but they are really old. One of
them comes with a CD of Slackware from 1996. :)

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"