Re: free cloud

On Thu, 09 Apr 2015 20:21:30 +0200
deloptes <deloptes@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Petter Adsen wrote:
>
> > are located in Sweden, and thus covered by European data protection
> > laws.
>
> This must be a joke - since when Sweden is protecting any rights of
> the people? Do you follow up what is going on there?

What I do know is that while they may or may not cooperate with
three-letter agencies, they are fairly unlikely to sell your data to
Google/Facebook/etc.

And, no, I don't particularly follow up what is happening there,
because everything I store there is heavily encrypted and I don't live
there. If the NSA wants my data there is probably very little I can do.
If Google wants to monetize my data I can do much more, like use someone
else's services.

It all depends on what you are trying to protect against. I'm not
saying Sweden is perfect, I just think it's a whole lot better than the
US.

> We have equipment in Germany, but looking now for options to do it in
> Austria and/or Switzerland.

Switzerland might be good, unfortunately I don't know of any cloud
services there, but I'm sure there are. But if the NSA wants data
stored on servers in Switzerland badly enough, do you really think
Swiss laws would stop them?

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"