Re: firefox-37, where to put

On 04/03/2015 at 05:39 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Friday 03 April 2015 16:37:51 Brian wrote:

>>> Isn't use whole disk the equ?
>
>> I do not understand 'equ'
>
> Sorry Brian, that is generally shorthand for "equivalent", aka the
> same thing.  IOW nothing precious on this disk, over write whats
> already there.

No, it's not equivalent.

If you tell the installer to "Use whole disk", it will - unless I'm very
much mistaken - create _one_ partition, the size of the entire disk, and
install into that.

If you want to have multiple partitions, and you don't have free space
to create them in, then - as Brian said - you need to specify which
existing partitions to delete, and then create the needed partitions (or
let let the installer create them) in the newly-available free space.

--
   The Wanderer