Re: md5sums and shasums

 Hi.

On Fri, 3 Apr 2015 23:16:45 +0100
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can any kind soul take pity on my less than perfect sight and tell me where to
> find the md5sums and shasums for these downloads?  A URL would be great.  I
> just can't find them.
>
> https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/?

It ain't listed on that site, but, if you go here, for example -
they'll be there (basically, substract the filename from the download
link):

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/jessie_di_rc2/amd64/iso-cd/

You should see MD5SUM, SHA1SUM, SHA256SUM and SHA512SUM files.

Those files aren't enough actually, as you need appropriate .sign files
too to verify those SUM files.

So, basically you'll need to:

get the needed iso and sum files

gpg --recv-keys 6294BE9B

gpg --verify SHA512SUMS.sign SHA512SUMS # or any other sum file

sha512sum -c SHA512SUMS

Reco