Re: md5sums and shasums

Lisi Reisz wrote:
> Can any kind soul take pity on my less than perfect sight and tell
> me where to find the md5sums and shasums for these downloads?  A URL
> would be great.  I just can't find them.
>
> https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/?

That is a little difficult!  But here they are for amd64.  Replace
that with your desired architecture.

  http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/jessie_di_rc2/amd64/iso-cd/

Here is how I arrived there.  I know the sums are stored next to the
isos in the same directory.  I right-clicked on the link.  Then I
pasted it into the location bar of the browser.  Then I removed the
filename portion backing up to the directory.  That left the above
directory in the url and it dipsplays the SUMS files and signature
files for the entire directory.

There is no link to the sums from that page.  There is only the note
describing the process this way:

  For CD and DVD images, an MD5SUMS file is available in the same
  directory as the images.

I daresay that isn't as convenient as having a direct link.

An alternative is to know that you can find all in the directory tree
below this location.

  http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/

Hope that helps!
Bob