Re: firefox-37, where to put
On Fri 03 Apr 2015 at 11:01:05 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Go ahead Brian, I'll wait right here while you do that.
It is only the partitioning which is giving a problem.
1. Choose 'Manual' on the 'Partition disks' page.
2. Choose a disk and hightlight 'FREE SPACE'. Press the ENTER key.
3. Create a new partition. ENTER. Specify size. ENTER. Choose 'Logical'.
ENTER. 'Beginning' ENTER.
4. Highlight 'Mount point:'. ENTER. Highlight '/home'. ENTER. Choose
'Done setting up the partition'. ENTER.
5 We are now back at the page in 2. Repeat 2, 3 and 4 but choose / as
the mount point.
6. Repeat 2 and 3. At 4 highlight 'Use as:' and choose 'swap area'. Then
'Done setting up the partition'.
7. 'Finish partitioning and write changes to disk' is the final step
in partitioning on this page. But before doing it carry out step 8.
Then ENTER and agree to write the changes to disk on the next page.
8. Switch to tty2 with ALT-F2 and do
cp /var/log/syslog /var/log/syslog-part1
If there is any failure at step 7 (or before) you should have a record
in syslog which can be viewed with 'more /var/log/syslog'. syslog-part1
will contain information on disk detection.