Re: firefox-37, where to put

On Friday 03 April 2015 10:23:58 Brian wrote:
[...]

Here we go again...

> Why bother? The ISO from LinuxCNC installs within 15 minutes and will
> provide separate / and /home partitions and a swap partition of any
> chosen size.  That's when done properly, of course. Compare that with
> the convolutions which are being planned and the time they will
> occupy.

If its so darned easy, write us up a tutorial on "how to do it properly",
text mode so we can print it and follow along to make sure we don't wind
up in partitioner hell when there is no network access to ask questions,
where I have been about 10 times while trying to install the hybride.iso
from that site.  Ditto for my orginial attempts to install wheezy from
the Debian site before I installed the hybride.iso.  IIRC I made 3 tries
with it, never did get it past the partitioner with anything more than /
and swap defined.

Yeah, thats my gauntlet laying there, pick it up and answer the
challenge.  Keystroke by keystroke starting with a powerup with the
install disk in the optical drive.

Or, go fix the installer, I don't care which, but empty brags like this
do nothing to alleviate the headache that the broken installer with its
inability to recognize any partition but / forces on us. I have
personally tried evey disk partitioner tool we have trying to make a
disk this POS installer would accept. So we fight with it, 2, 3 hours or
more, and finally give up and let it use its defaults, getting a / and a
swap.

Go ahead Brian, I'll wait right here while you do that.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)