Re: firefox-37, where to put

On Friday 03 April 2015 12:32:47 Brian wrote:
> On Fri 03 Apr 2015 at 11:01:05 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Go ahead Brian, I'll wait right here while you do that.
>
> It is only the partitioning which is giving a problem.
>
> 1. Choose 'Manual' on the 'Partition disks' page.
Check
> 2. Choose a disk and hightlight 'FREE SPACE'. Press the ENTER key.
Check, unless the disk is used, then you need to "use whole disk"
> 3. Create a new partition. ENTER. Specify size. ENTER. Choose
> 'Logical'. ENTER. 'Beginning' ENTER.
Check,,,,
> 4. Highlight 'Mount point:'. ENTER. Highlight '/home'. ENTER. Choose
>    'Done setting up the partition'. ENTER.
Check,,,
> 5  We are now back at the page in 2. Repeat 2, 3 and 4 but choose / as
>    the mount point.
Check, for /opt
> 6. Repeat 2 and 3. At 4 highlight 'Use as:' and choose 'swap area'.
> Then 'Done setting up the partition'.
Check, 17 gigabytes worth.
> 7. 'Finish partitioning and write changes to disk' is the final step
>    in partitioning on this page. But before doing it carry out step 8.

I wasn't doing that step 8.

>    Then ENTER and agree to write the changes to disk on the next page.

And this is where it looped back. 100% of the time, and apparently not
writing to the disk the partition table so composed.  So you highlight
the disk by its sda designation and restart, never getting a successfuil
step 7.

> 8. Switch to tty2 with ALT-F2 and do
>      cp /var/log/syslog /var/log/syslog-part1
>
>      >/var/log/syslog
>
> If there is any failure at step 7 (or before) you should have a record
> in syslog which can be viewed with 'more /var/log/syslog'.
> syslog-part1 will contain information on disk detection.

Thank you Brian.  This log I assume is readable from tty2?  I don't
recall it was available that early in the install previously, so I
hadn't even tried.

Printed FFR.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)