Re: Cool things to do with server

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 12:30:24 -0700, Joris Bolsens wrote:

> On 03/17/2015 06:05 AM, Dan Purgert wrote:
>>
>> Set your t-bird to use "STARTTLS" for the outgoing server.  Fixed it
>> for me when I ran into that problem.
>>
>> There's probably a fix in either postfix or dovecot, but from what I
>> can see, there's no real security concerns over explicitly starting a
>> TLS session (via STARTTLS) vs. using implicit TLS.
>>

> did that, now when I try to send an email I get:
>
> ---
> An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  5.1.1
> <epicblood@gmail.com>: Recipient address rejected: gmail.com. Please
> check the message recipient epicblood@gmail.com and try again.
> ---

The error is because it can't send to "epicblood@gmail.com" for some
reason or other (e.g. you spelled it wrong).

1. Check the email address and make sure you've spelled it right
2. Check the main.cf file to ensure your domain and mail server name are
correct.
3. Check that the "my networks" setting is also correct (if you're using
dovecot / sasl auth already, then it should be 127.0.0.0/8.