Re: Cool things to do with server

> Confirming "mail server" will keep you busy - especially the initial
> configuration (there will be a lot of "WTF, now what'd I do!?" moments,
> if you're like me).
>
> But yeah, postfix + dovecot (or other sasl agent) is pretty 'secure' in
> terms of not getting blindly turned into a mail relay.  Throw
> spamassassin, greylists, and sieve scripts (server-side routing rules) on
> top of the basic configuration and you'll end up with a really nice MTA.
> I like mine better than gmail.
Do you have any tutorials or something on how to setup "spamassassin,
greylists, and sieve scripts"?

> If you've got a need to reach it from "anywhere", and don't necessarily
> always have a laptop, then adding a web MUA (such as horde) is another
> project.

Horde's webmail looks pretty awesome, will definitely look into that.
> In either event, I strongly recommend that you purchase a certificate for
> mail.yourdomain.com, and use it.  It's overall easier (or at least in my
> experience, switching from the self-signed to the CA-signed cert made
> things easier).

Where do you recommend I get one of these? I tried the startssl thing,
but chrome still complains that its not legit.
> Since it's remote, maybe a reverse ssh setup so you can get "home"?

I know what those words mean,  but I have no idea what they mean when
they are put in that order, care to elaborate? xD

~Joris