Re: Cool things to do with server

On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 15:38:44 -0700
Joris Bolsens <Joris@linux.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've got a smallish Debian server that I'm currently not really using
> for anything.
> At the moment I have it as my own imagehost, general fileserver, vpn,
> and a pastebin like thing.
>
> What are some cool/fun/weird things you use your servers for?

Mail server, sound server with USB output connected to my hi-fi system,
RADIUS server for the wireless access point, an assortment of PHP pages
to run the music, get Internet radio, calculate meat cooking times,
start network machines with Wake-On-LAN, run several domestic databases
including receipts, linked to scanned images, central storage of
instruction leaflets for various domestic machines, watches, phones
etc., oh yes, main network firewall... the possibilities are endless.

I did have a go at getting bluetooth audio out of it, but all I managed
to do was to find a way to crash Debian Stable... unfortunately leaving
no trace at all in any log.

--
Joe