Re: Debian 7 and UEFI/GPT

On 13/03/2015, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> Quoting Bret Busby (bret.busby@gmail.com):
>> The <F2> Setup Utility displays, in the Title Bar, "InsydeH20 Setup
>> Utility Rev. 3.7".
>>
>> The solution, at this stage, appears to be to use the <F2> Setup, to
>> change between UEFI and Legacy BIOS boot modes, thence to select which
>> operating system, I want to boot.
>>
>> I believe that, unless and until the "InsydeH20 Setup Utility" is
>> upgraded, to allow the UEFI -> Secure Boot Mode to be turned off,
>> and/or, the Boot modes to include provision of the stated "Dual type"
>> Boot Mode, the solution that I have described, is the only available
>> solution, to allow me to boot into any one of the three installed
>> operating systems mentioned above.
>
> I'm glad you're now able to choose which OS to run albeit with the
> major inconvenience of having to switch UEFI on and off.
> But to progress on the issue, I fear you are in deeper and more
> dangerous areas than are discussed or supported here.
>
> I guess you have probably read such pages as
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface
> where these issues are touched upon.

On that web page in the paragraph with the heading "Secure boot", is

"
Secure boot is supported by Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, FreeBSD,
and a number of Linux distributions including Fedora, OpenSuse, and
Ubuntu.[42]
"

Conspicuous by its absence, is Debian Linux.

Also, further down that web page, is

"
The distribution Ubuntu added support for UEFI secure boot as of
version 12.10.[67]
"

Does Debian Linux 7 support UEFI "Secure boot"?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."