Debian 7 and UEFI/GPT

Hello.

As has previously been posted, I have a UEFI system, which came with
MS Win8 installed.

I then installed Debian 7 on the system, and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and,
after the Debian 7 installation, the MS Win8 installation, was no
longer accessible.

However, I have found that the MS Win8 installation still exists, and
could be accessible, for booting and operating, via the /efi
partition.

I have now found that, against my wishes, the Linux installations were
done as "legacy BIOS" installations, instead of UEFI/GPT
installations, so I now have a system that (after repairing the nasty
PC-BSD installation damage) kind of works, but, the UEFI/GPT part of
the system, is not seen by the Linux part of the system.

Does Debian Linux 7 amd64, install as a UEFI/GPT operating system, or,
is it strictly a "legacy BIOS"/FAT/MBR system, and, if Debian Linux 7
amd64 can install and/or operate as a UEFI/GPT system, can my
apparently "legacy BIOS" installation of Debian Linux 7 amd64, be
converted to a UEFI/GPT installation, or, otherwise, interface with
the UEFI/GPT system, so that the bootloader, GRUB 2, can find the MS
Win8 installation within the UEFI system?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."