Re: Debian 7 and UEFI/GPT

On Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 12:40:06 PM UTC+5:30, Bret Busby wrote:
> Okay.
>
> In thinking about this further, I remembered that, due to the
> malicious nature of MS Win8, it is installed with the nasty
> UEFI->Secure Boot mode, which maliciously disables the installation of
> any additional operating systems.
>
> And, I remember that the only way to amend that, to enable additional
> operating systems to be installed, is to bypass the Secure Boot mode.

Ive found this useful
http://askubuntu.com/questions/221835/installing-ubuntu-on-a-pre-installed-windows-8-64-bit-system-uefi-supported
[How much it will be useful to you I dont know]

Some of it is ubuntu specific.
Much is about what to do in windows-8 to prepare it for dual boot setup.

Two things missing there are:
a. Need to use gdisk (and family) rather than the traditional partitioners
b. Need to create a grub partition
http://askubuntu.com/questions/500359/efi-boot-partition-and-biosgrub-partition