Debian in small/medium business

Good day.
I'm fairly new to Linux but love it.
However, I could use some advice regarding the use of Linux in business.
I'm starting my own spares business soon and will be using a Linux compatible Point of Sale system on about 5-6 desktop computers to begin with.
I am impressed with SUSE Linux Enterprise  Point of Sale (SLEPOS) but I'm sure Debian 7 or (soon) Debian 8 can perform the same functions, if not better.
Anyone have experience with Debian in business or have any recommendations?
Thank you.
Regards.
Victor