Working minimally with pulseaudio

For those who need PA for something, this configuration
makes it possible to get audio output from pulseonly apps.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio/Examples#PulseAudio_as_a_minimal_unintrusive_dumb_pipe_to_ALSA

I am impressed with the quality of the Arch documentation.

These instructions worked for me (on sid) first time,
testing minimal output from one ALSA client (Ecasound) and
one PA client (mpv).

I did notice that there were some pops when playing ALSA and
PA players simultaneously. I did not test this configuration
further, and do not seek to optimize it.

cheers

--
Joel Roth