Re: Very small fonts in KDE after installing Nvidia drivers

Ok, that worked brilliantly! I just followed Mark's suggestion of putting that line in my 20-nvidia.conf.
Thanks!

On 26 February 2015 at 19:46, Mark Neyhart <Mark.Neyhart@akleg.gov> wrote:
On 02/26/2015 02:28 AM, James Allsopp wrote:
> Hello,
> I've just installed the nvidia drivers after following the instructions
> here https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers
>
> but now my fonts are so small they are unreadable. My display is a HDMI
> television.
>
> I think this could be related to the EDID settings but I'm not sure how to
> set this. I'm using the small piecewise Xorg described in the document.
>
> echo -e 'Section "Device"\n\tIdentifier "My GPU"\n\tDriver
> "nvidia"\nEndSection' > /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-nvidia.conf

I just went through this last week with Debian Wheezy using a large
television driven by an Nvidia card with the proprietary Nvidia
driver.  I added

Option "DPI" "100 x 100"

to my xorg.conf in the Device section for the Nvidia card.

In your case I think you should be able to replace your echo statement
with:

echo -e 'Section "Device"\n\tIdentifier "My GPU"\n\tDriver
"nvidia"\n\tOption "DPI" "100 x 100"\nEndSection' >
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-nvidia.conf

Watch out for line wrapping, this should all be on one line.