Re: recommended ftp clients for Debian

On 25/02/2015, Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net> wrote:
> On 24/02/15 10:01 AM, Bret Busby wrote:
>> On 24/02/2015, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yes, I know I can STFW.  I have in fact done so.  But I am after
>>> personal
>>> experience.
>>>
>>> I want a simple ftp client, for putting not getting, that is easy and
>>> pleasant
>>> to use.  GUI based.  For the use of non-geeks as well as myself.
>>>
>>> Lisi
>>>

>> For which version(s) of Debian?
>>
>> My preference for my web sites development, is gftp. I have been using
>> it through various versions of Debian, through to Debian 6, but I
>> haven't tried it with Debian 7, and I do not know whether it is
>> available in Debian 7.
>>
>> And, I have found it easy to use, for both putting and getting,
>> although, for getting, depending on the circumstances, wget is also
>> good.
>>

> I'm using gftp with Jessie and it works OK. I used to use kbear since I
> use KDE but kbear hasn't been around for a while.

I had used kftp, from time to time, if I encountered  significant
problems with gftp, but (I think from memory) found filezilla easier
to use than kftp, but, as previously stated, my preference is for
gftp.

As with gftp, I do not know whether kftp is included with Debian 7.

Much of what worked in Debian 6 and before, appears to have gone from Debian 7.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."