Re: GRUB legal disclaimers before the menu

On Tue 03 Feb 2015 at 20:25:59 +0300, Reco wrote:

>  Hi.
>
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 05:19:30PM +0000, Bhasker C V wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I am trying to create some legal disclaimer statements just above the
> > first menu item in the grub (like simple echo messages). I am not sure
> > how to do this
> >
> >  A simple echo gets re-pained just after the menu comes on.
> >
> >  Can anyone help please ?
> >  Googled - no info available.
>
> Try putting a disclaimer inside the menuentry, i.e.
>
> menuentry "<legal_goes_here>" {
> 	echo 'You shouldn't be here'
> }

This looks like a good idea; in fact, it may be the only way of getting
close to what the OP wants. Hpwever, the problem might be the length of
the disclaimer for setparams ("<legal_goes_here>"). The GRUB menu
displays the text on one line and, with line wrapping not apparently
available, much of it will not be on the screen.

I would also query the purpose of the second line in the stanza.