Re: Fwd: New problem with GIMP plugin file-jpeg

On Thursday 29 January 2015 08:49:14 Curt did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On 2015-01-29, Bret Busby <bret.busby@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> There is this bug report:
> >>
> >> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=734519
> >
> > That just gives me a web page that displays
> > "Redirecting you to
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=734519"; that goes
> > nowhere.
>
> Looks like yet another personal problem (I mean that is a functioning
> url, as far as I am concerned).
>
> >> Perhaps if you tried moving ~/.gimp-2.6 out of the way, or
> >> reinstalling the gimp?
> >
> > Haven't tried either of those options, yet.
> >
> > I was thinking that, due to the circumstances involved, perhaps a
> > fault lies (?) with the update that was done to the file package.
>
> I'm unaware of any recent updates to the gimp, but I might have missed
> something going by.  Of course, if there had been one, and it was
> faulty, I too would have been affected, n'est-ce pas?

FWIW, I am still on Lucid LTS, and I just called in 6 pix, .JPG
extensions, about 4 megs each straight from my camera, smunched them down
to a size I can email, and saved them back out, no problems.

So I agree with others, the OP's problem appears to be local to his
machine.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)