Re: Network install

Op Thu, 29 Jan 2015 14:30:17 +0100 schreef Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com>:

From the official Debian Internet site I read:

 A "network install" or "netinst" CD is a single CD which enables you to
install the entire operating system. This single CD contains just the minimal amount of software to start the installation and fetch the remaining packages
 over the Internet.

To connect to Internet, I use ppp and a pendrive as modem. It seems that the minimal netinst doesn't install ppp, so I can't connect to Internet to fetch the remaining packages. Am I missing something important, or should conclude
that the network install is not for me?

Thanks for any help,

Rodolfo

From https://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/index.en.html

What types of network connections are supported during installation? The network install assumes that you have a connection to the Internet. Various different ways are supported for this, like analogue PPP dial-up, Ethernet, WLAN (with some restrictions), but ISDN is not — sorry!

so ppp is supported.

Maybe your pendrive needs a special firmware. If you could tell the name and the brand of it, we can give you more suggestions.

success,

floris