Re: So much for a wheezy install, massive fail

On 23/01/15 19:21, Joe wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:08:56 -0300
Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI <renaud@olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 18:46:04 +0000
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

Touché. :-(  Yes, that wasn't very nice.  But one can hardly
compare 1985 with now!  Hard drives were in single figure gig sizes.

More like meg sizes...

I was thinking that. My ARM-based Archimedes of 1989 had a 40MB drive
option, and my first PC in 1996 had a 1G drive, which was typical then.
A fresh Windows 95 installation occupied about 25MB... and RiscOS in
the 1989 Archimedes was a half-MB ROM. One-second boot.

My Archimedes originally only had the 800MB floppy, then upgraded to a 20MB HDD and shortly after to a 105MB SCSI HDD.

Then I upgraded my BBC B to a 42MB HDD :)

--
Dom