Re: So much for a wheezy install, massive fail

On Fri 23 Jan 2015 at 14:35:57 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Friday 23 January 2015 14:07:30 Brian did opine
> And Gene did reply:
> > On Thu 22 Jan 2015 at 22:33:57 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > The Brother supplied ppd's for my HL-3170CDW color laser do not strip
> > > and reformat html that well.  It does quite well on most web jobs,
> > > like printing the order ack when I buy something online, but to do a
> > > web page is asking a bit much.  I have done it, but it usually
> > > results in a trip up the hill to saw down some more dead trees to
> > > feed it.
> >
> > There isn't a PPD in existence which strips and reformats html. Even
> > Alice would wonder about your statement.
>
> Whatever.  Often images are replaced with the base 64 that generated them,

There is no "whatever" about it. You are completely and utterly wrong in
your view of what the printing system does.

I wouldn't mind if you said "Why's that, please explain" or "That looks
interesting" or "I've never looked at it in that way before". Or even,
"You are mistaken. Here is why." Instead, you spout inconsequential
historical generalities (which deserve to be snipped).