Re: So much for a wheezy install, massive fail

On Thursday 22 January 2015 14:52:16 Bob Holtzman did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 01:15:25AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Tuesday 20 January 2015 19:58:51 Don Armstrong did opine
> >
> > And Gene did reply:
> > >
> > > Of course there is.
> > >
> > > In general, the partitioner can just use your existing partitions.
> > > If for some reason, you've partitioned your existing partitions in
> > > a way that it is unable to figure out, then you can just
> > >
> > > 1) use expert mode
> > >
> > > 2) skip the partitioner entirely
> > >
> > > 3) mount your partitions directly on /target,
> > >
> > > 4) continue with the install selecting the remaining steps manually
> > > in order without rerunning the partitioner.
> > >
> > > If you're still having trouble, the actual logs will be more
> > > helpful. See
> > > https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch06s03.html.en#di-mis
> > > cel laneous
> >
> > That is a  decent writeup.  Whats chances there is a printable .pdf
> > of it someplace?
>
> Why need a pdf? You should be able to print from your browser or from a
> word processor in an office suite ( open office or libre office ) or
> from a light weight processor like abiword.
>
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

The Brother supplied ppd's for my HL-3170CDW color laser do not strip and
reformat html that well.  It does quite well on most web jobs, like
printing the order ack when I buy something online, but to do a web page
is asking a bit much.  I have done it, but it usually results in a trip up
the hill to saw down some more dead trees to feed it.

Thanks Bob.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)