Re: Can't get sound to work

On 01/20/2015 02:07 PM, Robert Latest wrote:

I don't understand the first thing about this. I just copied this file
from somewhere. Note the "hw:0,2" part. Remember that I had to use -D
hw:0,0 with aplay to make sound work while pulseaudio was installed? Now
hw:0,2 is the way to go. Search me why.

If you upgraded, then at times you get incremented in device names/numbers, like eth0 becomes eth1, since it found eth0 already there, so it added eth1. I guess the speckled puppy computer thought it was "helping" you. I bet if you returned to the page you got that script from, it will be years old. I just installed Jessie cleanly to a little Asus mini laptop and everything worked out of the box, including it's buil-in intel sound chip and stereo speakers. No asoundrc file anywhere. Something is amiss, most likely up in /etc/udev in a rules file? :) Ric

Linux user# 44256