Re: Can't get sound to work

On 01/15/2015 03:54 PM, Hans wrote:
First questions:

Are you running pulseaudio or alsa?

Did you try alsamixer?

Often it is possible, to choose different hardware in the GUI. Did you try
other ones, too?

Best

He's got an asoundrc file in /etc. I thought that use was deprecated some years ago. Maybe if the OP mv;d that file to another name, rebooted and ran alsamixer first, then add pavucontrol along with pulse, he might have a better experience, IMHO. I happen to love using pulse, although years ago I was spitting mad at it. Works a charm for me now, especially when using different sound inputs/outputs on the fly. Ric

Linux user# 44256