Re: So much for a wheezy install, massive fail

On 20/01/15 09:37 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings;

I just started to do a wheezy 2.8 install on a disk with 4k sectors, this
after researching and finding a partitioner utility that DOES know about
4k/sector disks.  That is gdisk. which found the gparted setup and fixed
it, all I had to do was write it to the disk., gparted, an old version is
not capable of aligning things correctly.

So the disk is all partitioned and formatted but empty.

Now I find I cannot bypass the disk partitioner in the installer, nor can
I force it to use these partitions on the hilited drive   This is using
the installer in "expert" mode.

   It will not let me change the "do not use" when I hilite a partition and
hit enter.  It doesn't even acknowledge the mount points "/boot" and "/"
already set.

This is less than a desirable thing.

How can I both bypass the broken partitioner, AND force it to use the
partitions it finds on the hilited drive?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
The installer takes you into the screen to select partitions. All you have to do is tell it which partitions to use for what. It will default to formatting them, I believe, but you can tell it not to format. It's not that user-unfriendly.

GPT partition tables include a legacy partition table so it works with older software.

Sorry I've got no screen prints to show you, but if you can figure out how to switch the partition from "do not use" to ext4 or whatever file system you prefer, the rest should be easy.

None of this is rocket science.