Re: typescript of terminal session (was: Was: Ric Moore)

On Tuesday 20 January 2015 09:12:49 Curt did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On 2015-01-20, Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > 2 of my 4 1Tb disks are reporting 512/4096for sector sizes.
> >
> > GParted, even with round to cylinders checked, seems helpless at
> > fixing this.
>
> Really?  This seems to imply the contrary:
>
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-linux-on-4kb-sector-disks/i
> ndex.html
>
> "Figure 8. Take care to set the Align to value to MiB when creating
> partitions with GParted"
>
> Of course, I don't know shit from shinola about this stuff.

The liveCD version 20-0-2 I just dl & burnt, does know about this.  The
5.something available on this elderly buntu install hasn't a clue.

So now the disk is ready, but the installer won't let me past the broken
partitioner/formatter in it. So obviously I hit the reset button & removed
the dvd as it rebooted.

Linux has had several years now to fix its installers to deal with this.
Why not?  You could call me puzzled, but the air color and transparency
here seems to describe a different descriptive term. :)

Thats how it seems to me anyway.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)