Re: Was: Ric Moore

Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:
Hi

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 09:13:20AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
[snip]
I had a similar problem some time back.
Someone pointed me to a utility that saved everything sent to a
console window.
It was not "redirection" nor a "pipe" as the console retained all
its functionality.

The procedure was:
   start the utility in the console specifying a destination file
   run arbitrary number of commands
      [the utility recording input keystrokes and resulting output]
   terminate the utility
   close console if desired

I understand the typical use of the utility is in a classroom
situation where instructor needs to see exactly what the student
did. I know I saved the message but I can't come up with keywords to
retrieve it.

That sounds like the "script" command - it's in the bsdutils package
which should be installed by default.

Yes! And thanks also to the others giving the same answer.
This message will be flagged in a way that I can't lose it again - I hope ;/