Re: Was: Ric Moore

On Sunday 18 January 2015 18:21:02 Mart van de Wege did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> writes:
> > On Sunday 18 January 2015 14:12:03 Joe did opine
> >
> >> I don't have Gnome on the workstation either, but
> >> I do have various Gnome bits such as Nautilus. It really should be
> >> possible to avoid NM, but probably not without some effort.
> >
> > Using information that it seems to me, is deliberately withheld from
> > the user.  Or I have not learned in 80 years, how to ask the right
> > question..
>
> apt-get remove network-manager seems to work just fine for me.
>
> Mart

I have attempted that, several times in the past 5 or 6 years.  The list
of stuff it will also remove is usually several printed pages, IF you
could actually get a printout. Unfortunately, you can't even copy/paste
for a record from that screen by any method but a screen snapshot series.

All this is a big sigh, and a list of things that could make it simpler to
do if a record of what it proposes to remove could be had, but before the
fact so one could do his own homework and make some more intelligent
choices.

Thanks Mart.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)