Re: Can't get sound to work

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 15:11:24 -1000 Joel Roth sent:

> Robert Latest wrote:
> > With aplay -D hw:0,0 it still works.
>
> You're 99% to the destination.
>
> IIRC, directly addressing the sound device
> as hw:0,0 takes the whole device, will not
> allow software mixing of audio streams from
> other applications.
>
> It may be worth trying the
>
> aplay -D default testfile.wav &
> aplay -D default testfile.wav
>
> And you should hear two streams playing together.
>
> At least, it works on my system without asoundrc.
>
> Regards,
>
> Joel

Thanks Joel,

Using: aplay -D default testfile.wav &

Without pulse audio installed, I get sound.

Using: aplay -D default testfile.wav &

With pulseaudio, there is no sound but pavucontrol shows that there is
some sound being relayed to the earphones?

So sound is still a wraith in Debian. [laughing]

Be well,
Charlie
--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	If anything in nature strikes you as ugly, you are not
	appreciating its diversity. ...anon