Re: problem with corrupted root password

Comer Duncan wrote:
> However, today in the process of trying to spawn a root terminal (in
> Accessories) and going through a cycle of trying to get authorized but
> being prevented by repeated complaints that the system password I used was
> not correct, I now find that I can not get logged in in single-user mode!
> I have thus royally screwed up.  So, how can I get the system password
> changed to something new?

Did you get added to the sudo group?  If you are lucky then you did
and you can use your own password instead of root.

  $ sudo passwd root
  $ su -
  #

Worth a try.  Remember that sudo asks for your password not root's
password.  Also you can use sudo to list what sudo actions are
available to you.

  $ sudo -l

Bob