Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On 12/13/2014 10:31 AM, Gian Uberto Lauri wrote:
Joel Rees writes:
  > On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 7:37 PM, Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:
  > > shutdown(8)
  > >
  > >        -F     Force fsck on reboot.
  >
  > Sshhh. Don't remind us to read the man pages.

By the way the -F flag causes /forcefsck to appear ....

Speaking of which...

When I do the "# touch /forcefsck" and reboot, fsck runs properly and writes its results to the journal. However, the results are preceded by a warning line which suggests using "fsck.mode=force", which doesn't work for forcing fsck to run as desired on remote systems (at least not without some digging and fiddling).

That begs the question of whether or not use of /forcefsck is going to stop working at some point. Hence my switch to use of the tune2fs solution, which works perfectly.

Would anyone happen to know if plans are afoot to eliminate use of /forcefsck?

JP