Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

> Atomic in the original word meaning can't be cut, and stopping is a form of
> cutting.  Rolling back is a strategy to permit stopping an atomic operation,
> but I am unsure thi can be done always.

The fact that *some* actions need to be atomic doesn't prevent
interrupting various (other) long-running operations.

In general "atomic" and "long-running" don't go well together, so while
some atomic operation may be long-running it's usually a problem
in itself (e.g. in case of power/software failure).

        Stefan