Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 12:23:10 +0200 Andrei POPESCU sent:

<snip>

> The root of my sid install was created before that, so I was still
> getting the periodic check for it. The other ext4 filesystems were
> newer, so weren't checked (and I didn't even notice it).
>
> I've just disabled the automatic check on the root partition as well,
> but I'm considering how to implement a forced fsck every now and
> then, including an xfs partition, which wouldn't be checked at boot
> anyway.

I have to admit that I noticed it, but was made an ass off, because I
assumed it was happening in the background. Not realising it always
started before the boot because it couldn't fsck while the machine was
running.

I thought that might have been what allowed systemd to boot faster?

If you find a way "to implement a forced fsck every now and then could
you please post it here. As I would be very pleased to be able to do
that now realising it is no longer happening at all.

Being and "ordinary" user I have no idea where to look or even start.

Thank you,
Charlie
--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	An opinion is like a branding iron. It is one thing to hold it,
	and another to press it into the skin of a friend. ____James
	Lileks